This is my online curriculum vitae, featuring interactivity for online browsing. Printable versions are available on request.
See our contact page for all details regarding how to contact me in all possible configurations.
Membership of Scientific Societies
- Since 2010, member of the Mediterranean Institute of Fundamental Physics (MIFP).
- Since January 2017, member of the IOP (MInstP).
Publications by Journals
|| Impact Factor
|| All years
|| Last year (2016)
|| This year (2017)
| Nature group.
| Phys. Rev. Lett.
| Other top profile
| New J. Phys.
| Phys. Rev. A & B
|Opt. Expr., EPL & similar
| Lower IF journals
| Still in arXiv
| Total (with arXiv)
|| >85 (87)
|| 7 (11)
|| 6 (9)
Nature 457:291 (2009); Nature Physics 6:527 (2010); Nature Photonics 8:550 (2014); Light: Science & Applications 4:e350 (2015); Nature Communication 6:8993 (2015); Sci Rep. 6:28930 (2016); Sci. Rep. 6:37980 (2016); Nature Materials 16:398 (2017).
PRL 91:156403 (2003); PRL 93:016402 (2004); PRL 101:083601 (2008); PRL 103:096404 (2009); PRL 104:106402 (2010); PRL 105:233601 (2010); PRL 109:183601 (2012); PRL 112:113602 (2014); PRL 113:226401 (2014); PRL 114:233601 (2015); PRL 115:196402 (2015); PRL 116:026401 (2016); PRL 116:249902 (2016); PRL 118:215301 (2017)
Laser Phot. Rev. 1700090 (2017); Optica (in press)
NJP 13:113014 (2011); NJP 15:033036 (2013); NJP 17:010201 (2015); NJP 17:123021 (2015); NJP 18:023041 (2016);
PRB 68:085311 (2003). PRB 73:035315 (2006); PRB 73:115343 (2006); PRB 76:235317 (2007); PRB 78:085304 (2008); PRB 79:235325 (2009); PRB 79:235326 (2009); PRB 81:035302 (2010); PRA 84:043816 (2011); PRB 84:085320 (2011); PRB 84:195313 (2011); PRB 90:035413 (2014); PRA 90:052111 (2014); PRA 91:043807 (2015); PRA 94:063825 (2016); PRA 94:063826 (2016). PRB 96:125423 (2017).
- Microcavities, 2nd ed., A.V. Kavokin, J.J. Baumberg, G. Malpuech and F.P. Laussy, Oxford University Press (2017) 
- Strong coupling of quantum dots in microcavities, F.P. Laussy, E. del Valle and C. Tejedor, Phys. Rev. Lett., 101, 083601, 2008. 
- Mollow triplet under incoherent pumping, E. del Valle and F.P. Laussy, Phys. Rev. Lett., 105, 233601 (2010). 
- Collective fluid dynamics of a polariton condensate in a semiconductor microcavity, A. Amo, D. Sanvitto, F. P. Laussy, D. Ballarini, E. del Valle, M. D. Martin, A. Lemaître, J. Bloch, D. N. Krizhanovskii, M. S. Skolnick, C. Tejedor, and L. Viña. Nature, 457, 291, 2009. 
- Theory of frequency-filtered and time-resolved $N$-photon correlations, E. del Valle, A. Gonzalez-Tudela, F.P. Laussy, C. Tejedor and M.J. Hartmann, Phys. Rev. Lett., 109, 183601 (2012). 
See also our page of publications.
Going with the flow,
J. Keeling & N.G. Berloff, Nature (2009).
A bundle of photons, please, Dmitry V. Strekalov, Nature Photonics (2014).
mi+d and Aula Magna, Controlan oscilaciones ultrarrápidas entre luz y materia, on Ultrafast Control and Rabi Oscillations of Polaritons, L. Dominici et al., (2014).
Strom ohne Widerstand, Franziska Konitzer, bild der wissenschaft (2015).
Exciting Polaritons with Quantum Light, J. C. López Carreño, C. Sánchez Muñoz, D. Sanvitto, E. del Valle, and F. P. Laussy
Phys. Rev. Lett. 115:196402 (2015).
Exciton-mediated superconductivity, A. Kavokin & P. Lagoudakis, Nature Materials (2016).
Synopsis: When Quantum Light Meets Matter, Ana Lopes, Physics (2016).
La révolution perpétuelle de la recherche russe, David Larousserie, Le Monde, (2017).
A new way to correlate photons, F.P. Laussy, Nature Materials, (2017).
Clarifying effects of negative mass, D. Colas et al., on phys.org (2018).
As a student
- Varenna school CL - "Electron and Photon Confinement in Semiconductor Nanostructures", Varenna (Italy). 25 June-5 July 2002. Student.
- Varenna school CLI - "Quantum Phenomena of Mesoscopic Systems", Varenna (Italy). 9-19 July 2002. Student.
- School on Atomic Quantum Fluids, Brasilia (Brasil). August 2007. Attendant.
As a professor
- Maratea International Summer School of Nanophotonics, Maratea (Italy). September 2005.
- International School of Nanophotonics and Photovoltaics, Santiago de Cuba (Cuba). January 2009.
- International School of Nanophotonics and Photovoltaics, Maratea (Italy). 17-24 September 2009.
- Cefalu International School of Nanophotonics and Photovoltaics, Cefalu (Italy), 15-23 September 2015.
- EQUONT-II, Toledo (Spain). Talk.
- NOEKS7, Karlsruhe (Germany). Poster.
- PLMCN3, Acireale (Sicily). Poster.
- PLMCN4, Saint-Petersburg (Russia). 2004. Talk.
- ICSCE, Pennsylvania (USA). Poster.
- PLMCN5, Glasgow (Scottland). 2005. Talk.
- ICSCE2, Southampton (UK). 2005. Talk & Poster.
- ICPS28, Vienna (Austria), July 2006. Poster.
- Advances in Physics and Applications of Low-Dimensitonal Systems, Brasilia (Brasil), July 2007. Invited talk.
- PLMCN7, la Habana (Cuba). Scientific Secretary.
- PLMCN8, Tokyo (Japan), April 2008. Talk.
- ICSCE4, Cambridge (UK), 8-12 September 2008. Talk.
- ICTOPON, Alhahabad (India), January 2009. Invited talk.
- PLMCN9, Lecce (Italy). Talk.
- PLMCN10, Cuernavaca (Mexico). April 2010. Invited Talk.
- 18th International Symposium NANOSTRUCTURES: Physics and Technology, Cruise on the Volga (Russia). June 2010. Talk.
- ICPS30, Seoul (South Korea). July 2010. Talk.
- PLMCN11, Berlin (Germany). April 2011. Talk & Poster.
- "Quantum Technology", Deutsches Museum in Munich (Germany). 9-10 May 2011. Attendant.
- SPIE Photonics West 2012 - Physics and Simulation of Optoelectronic Devices XX, San Francisco (USA). January 2012. Talk.
- DPG Spring Meeting. Stuttgart (Germany). March 2012. Talk.
- ICPS31, Zurich (Switzerland). July 29-August 3 2012. Talk & Poster.
- PLMCN12, Hangzhou (China). June 2012. Talk.
- XXXV Encontro Nacional de Física da Matéria Condensada (ENFMC 2012) in Águas de Lindóia (Brazil). Invited talk.
- PLMCN14, Hersonissos (Crete). May 2013. Talk & Chair.
- Conference on Resonator QED, Munich (Germany). 9-13 September 2013. Attendant.
- XIII Encuentro Nacional de Óptica, 11-16 November 2013. Medellin (Colombia). Invited talk.
- VIII Reunión Bienal del Grupo Especializado de Estado Sólido (GEFES 2014), Ciudad Real (Spain), 22-24 January 2014. Invited talk.
- International Conference on Problems of Strongly Correlated and Interacting Systems, Saint-Petersburg (Russia). 28-31 May 2014. Invited talk.
- PLMCN14, Montpellier (France), 9-13 June 2014. Talk.
- ICPS32 in Austin (United States), 10-15 August 2014. Talk.
- Kickoff meeting of the MajuLab at the CQT in Singapore, 20 January. Invited talk.
- Hybrid Photonics and Materials in Santorini (Grece), 27-31 May. Invited talk.
- Third International Conference on Quantum Technologies in Moscow (Russia), 13-17 July 2015. Poster presentations.
- BuildMoNa's Minisymposium "Quantum Coherent Structures" in Leipzig (Germany), 30 September to 1 October. Invited talk.
- 25th Anniversary Meeting of Inorganic Semiconductor Group, 21 March, Sheffield (UK). Invited talk.
- Solid state quantum photonics 2016, 22 March, Sheffield (UK). Talk.
- META16 International Conference on Metamaterials, Photonic Crystals and Plasmonics, July 25-28, Malaga (Spain). Invited talk.
- FNM2016, conference on "Functional and Nanostructured Materials", 6-10 September, Tbilissi (Georgia). Invited talk.
- UK Quantum Dot day, IOP event, 13 January, Edinburgh (UK). Talk.
- III International Conference on Applications of Optics and Photonics, May 8-12, Faro, Portugal. Plenary talk.
- Physics of Exciton-Polaritons in Artificial Lattices, Workshop of the Center for Theoretical Physics of Complex Systems, May 15-19, Daejeon, South Korea. Invited talk.
- PLMCN18, 9-14 July, Würzburg, Germany. Invited Talk.
- Light Conference 2017, 17-18 July, Changchun, China. Invited talk (Best Reader Travel Award).
- Resonator QED conference, 31 August-1 September, Munich, Germany. Invited talk (45 min tutorial).
- METANANO 2018, 17-21 September, 2018 Sochi, Russia. Invited talk.
- 1st Panhellenic Workshop on Quantum Technologies, 22-23 June, 2018, Heraklion, Crete. Invited talk.
- "Strong-Coupling of quantum dots in microcavities" at the University of Sheffield, UK, November 2008.
- "Cavity QED under incoherent pumping: the case of quantum dots in microcavities" in the Arbeitsgruppe Theoretische Festkörperphysik of Universität Bremen, 9 November 2010.
- "Cavity QED with quantum dots in microcavities" at the SFB 787 Halbleiter-Nanophotonik of the Technische Universität Berlin, 7 December 2010.
- "The Nobel Prize in Physics 2012" at the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, CV, departmental seminar, 28 November 2012.
- "Quantum optics and photon correlations", At the Coloquio del departamento de Física of the Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Bogota (Colombia), 28 June 2013.
- "Casando la luz con la materia" in the Programa de la Jornada de Divulgación de la Investigación at the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Madrid (Spain), 15 February 2013.
- "Polariton-powered devices: lasers, superfluids and superconductors" at the QSIT Seminar of the ETH, Zurich (Switzerland), 30 July 2013.
- "How to bunch two photons?" for the Departmental seminar, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, 14 October 2015.
- "Two New Kinds of Light" at the RQC for the International Year of Light, 3 December 2015.
- "Two New Kinds of Light" at the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid for the International Year of Light, 18 December 2015.
- "$N$-photon emission from resonance fluorescence" at the QUINFOG, CSIC, 14 September 2016.
- "Phys. Rev. Phys. Educ. Res., What it is and what can we do with it. at Rich Exchange seminar, University of Wolverhampton, Wolverhampton (UK), 25 July 2017.
- "Differences and similarities between classical and quantum processing units" at the Quantum Light and Matter group of the University of Southampton, 16 October 2017.
- "How to herald N-photons?" at the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid's departmental seminar, Madrid (Spain), 1st December 2018.
- "Frequency-resolved photon correlations" at the AMO seminar, University of Sussex, 15 February 2018.
See also the list of talks from my students.
Visits & Stays
- Brasilia (Brasil). Two months visit at the ICCMP (International Centre of Condensed Matter Physics). July-August 2007.
- Reykjavik (Iceland). One week visit at the Dept. of Physics of the University of Iceland. April 2009.
- Cardiff (Wales). One day visit of Prof. Langbein's group (with Elena del Valle). October 2009.
- Saint-Petersburg (Russia). Two weeks visit of the IOFFE institute. June 2010.
- Bogotá (Colombia). Ten days visit at the Universidad Nacional de Colombia. July 2013.
- London (UK). One week visit of Queen's College. December 2015.
- Madrid (Spain). Two-days visits at the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid in the group of Dr. del Valle. 19-24 October 2017, 3-6 November 2017 and 30 November-4 December 2017.
Project meetings & Workshops
- CoPhen04. Gregynog (Wales). 2004.
- QOIT project, Barcelona (Spain). November 2006. Poster.
- QOIT project, Barcelona (Spain). 25-31 January 2008. Poster.
- SOLID Workshop, WSI, Munich (Germany). 8 October 2010. Talk.
- MIFP March Meeting. Castelli Romani (Italy). March 2011. Talk.
- NanoTUM workshop in Garching (Germany), 1st June 2011.
- Memory-effects in solids workshop at the Technische Universität Berlin, Berlin (Germany). 30 November-02 December 2011. Talk.
- MIFP March Meeting. Castelli Romani (Italy). March 2012. Talk.
- 3rd MIFP March Meeting. March 2013. Talk.
- Polaflow Annual Meeting, Lecce. September 2013. Talk.
- Polaflow Annual Meeting, Rome. April 2014. Talk.
- Polaflow Annual Meeting, Madrid. April 2015. Talk.
As a director
- David Colas, on "Dynamics of polariton wave packets", 2013—2016, Director, defended on 20 July (2016), awarded with cum Laude (with 5 votes in a secret ballot) and awarded with a Premio Extraordinario.
- Carlos Sánchez Muñoz, on "Generation of Non Classical States of Light", co-director with Carlos Tejedor, 2013—2016, defended on 19 December (2016) and awarded with cum Laude (with 5 votes in a secret ballot). Awarded the prize of best thesis in Spain in theoretical condensed matter physics in 2017.
- Blanca Silva, on "Reaching Quantum Polaritons", co-director with Daniele Sanvitto, 2013—2016, defended on 20 December (2016).
- Camilo López Carreño, on "Exciting with quantum light", Director.
As member of a tribunal
- Alejandro Gonzalez-Tudela, Secretario for the Jury, at Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, 22 January 2013.
- Dmitrii Visnevski, Rapporteur de thèse at LASMEA, Clermont-Ferrand (France), July 2013.
- Anastasiia Pervishko, Expert for the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, August 2016.
- Kristin Bjorg Arnardottir, Expert for the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 2017.
- Giuseppe Buonaiuto, External examiner for the University of Sheffield, 2018.
Students & Post-doc
- Juan Camilo López Carreño, Ph. D Student (1 March 2014--ongoing)
- Ksenia Tihomirova, Ph. D Student (20 December 2017--ongoing)
- Eduardo Zubizarreta Casalengua, Trabajo de Fin de Grado.
- Michael Schrapp, Diploma Thesis (November 2010--December 2011)
- Carlos Sánchez Muñoz, Ph. D Student (September 2012--19 December 2016).
- Blanca Silva Fernández, Ph. D Student (June 2013--20 December 2016).
- David Colas, Ph. D Student (1 September 2013--1 September 2016).
- Dmitrii Visnevskii, Post. Doc (1 September 2013--31 October 2014)
- William Júnio Lima, Ph. D Student, co-supervision [for one year] with Prof. José-Maria Villas-Boas (11 November 2013--August 2014)
- Guillermo Guirales, Ph. D Student, co-supervision [for six months] with Prof. Boris Rodriguez (1 February 2014--July 2014)
- Juan Pablo Restrepo Cuartas, Ph. D Student (13 February 2014--December 2015)
- Elena del Valle, Marie Curie IEF (1 March 2014--15 December 2014)
- Juan Camilo López Carreño, Master Thesis (1 March 2014--3 July 2015)
- Amir Rahmani, Visiting Ph. D Student (1 March 2015--September 2015).
- Isabel Andrade, Visiting Ph. D Student (1 October 2015--February 2016).
- Santiago Álvarez Tolcheff, Trabajo de Fin de Grado (February--June 2015).
- Eduardo Zubizarreta Casalengua, Trabajo de Fin de Grado (September--December 2015).
- Miriam Garcia Santa-Maria, Trabajo de Fin de Grado (September--December 2015).
- Marcos Rodriguez Muñoz, Trabajo de Fin de Grado (September--December 2015).
- Mariam Adam, Nuffield placement (August 2017).
- Anji Bard, Nuffield placement (August 2017).
Université Blaise Pascal
I taught the following content at the Université Blaise Pascal, as part of my Bourse d'État, as a Doctorant Contractuel avec mission d’Enseignement for an average of 64 hours per year (so-called "équivalent TD ou TP", meaning it was more than that):
- 2002: Laboratories of Physics
- 2003: Laboratories of C++
- 2004: Tutorials of Quantum Mechanics
University of Southampton
- 2008-2009: I supervised tutorials of Mathematical Methods at the University of Southampton.
Universidad Autonoma de Madrid
I taught the following courses at the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, with an average of 85 hours per year.
- 2013-2014: Mathematical Methods II (complex analysis) to first-year Physicists.
- 2013-2016: Directed the Laboratorios de Física (Laboratory sessions) for the grado en químicas, with two teaching assistants PhD students).
- 2016: Computación I (Numerical Methods) to first-year Physicists.
University of Wolverhampton
I am currently Director of Studies for Physics at the University of Wolverhampton. That is to say, I design the course and supervise all teaching. I also teach the following modules from the course of BSc (Hons) Physics and Physics with Foundation Year, for the Year 2017-2018:
- 3AP001 Foundation Physics.
- 4AP001 Optics.
- 4AP003 Quantum Mechanics.
- 4AP004 Electromagnetism 1.
And contribute some support for Introduction to Physics, Radioactivity and Basics of Electromagnetism for the following modules:
- 4BM009 Introduction To Cardiovascular, Respiratory and Sleep Science II
- 4BM014 Introduction to the Practice of Cardiovascular, Respiratory and Sleep Science
I am a Referee for Phys. Rev. (Lett., A, B & X), Nature, Nat. Phot., Nat. Phys., Nat. Com., Comm. Phys., Scientific Reports, Light: Science & Applications, New J. Phys., Opt. Lett., and several other journals of the IOP, the ACS (ACS Phot., J. Phys. Chem.), the IEEE (Trans. Mech.), etc.
I am an expert for reviewing committees:
- The European Union (Marie Curie IEF panel & redress committee).
- The executive government agency of Poland National Science Centre (Narodowe Centrum Nauki)
- The Icelandic Research Fund, Rannis.
- Annic2016, 9-11 November 2016, Barcelona (Spain).
- Student delegate in Scientific Counsil of Université Blaise Pascal (2002-2005).
- Founder of Ph. D. seminars "Florin Périer" of Université Blaise Pascal (2003-2005).
- Scientific secretary of international workshops "Colloque Franco-Russe" (2004 & 2005).
- Scientific secretary of PLMCN7 international conference, la Habana, Cuba (2007).
Outreach & Public Engagement
Details of our Outreach events can be found on the WLM website.
- Experiments with γ rays, with Dudley Sixth Form college's students, 23 June 2017.
- Physics before Tea, discussing physics in the lab followed by a cup of tea, 23 June 2017.
- World Space Week, 2 talks and flying of a water-powered rocket, 7 October 2017.
- Bright Club, 30 October 2017.
- Christmas lecture, delivering the part about Sound, 11 December 2017.
- European Research Council starting grant (ERC), codename PolaFlow, 293 000€.
- Mineco, codename CLAQUE (2016--2018), 115 000€.
- Ramón y Cajal position (June 2012--May 2017), 173 000€.
- Marie Curie IEF grant, codename SQOD, 173 371€.
- European Union's IEF grant, codename SQUIRREL, 86 685€.