This page is still largely in progress. See also our Cooking blog.
This is a page to list various entries on cooking, recipes, etc.
We used the thermomix a lot in Spain.
Much of cooking comes from mixing flour and water (plus other things and using a variety of techniques). In French, the term Pâte covers them all. Other languages make differences, for instance between dough and pasta, or masa and pasta. The most famous variations are:
Their differences and still other types are also discussed here.
- Purée de pommes de terre.
- Brandade de morue.
- Crème fraîche
- Crème Chantilly
- Crème aigre (sour cream, aka crème sûre in French for this reason), pour les soupes, en particulier de l'Est (Borscht), se prépare avec du jus de citron.
- Tasteatlas (map of worldwide gastronomic specialties).
That we did on the indicated day:
- Arroz con navajas on 21, March (2015).
- Corvina al horno on 11, April (2015).
- Moules au curry on 12, April (2015).
- Tarte aux citrons on 19, April (2015).
- Blinis on 20, June (2015).
- Fumet de poisson classique on 26, June (2015).
- Crêpes on 27, June (2015).
- Clafoutis on 28 June (2015).
- Tarte prune abricot on 8, July (2015).
- Salmorejo on 10, July (2015).
- Gratin de chou fleur on 27, July (2015).
- Velouté de champignons on 2, August (2015).
- Velouté de poireaux on 6, September (2015).
- Gratin de courge doubeurre on 1, November (2015).
- Gratin de chou romanesco on 8 January (2016).
- Cake aux carottes et gingembre on 22 January (2016).
- Velouté Du Barry on 23 January (2016).
- Saumon en croute on 2 October (2016).