This wikilog article is a draft, it was not published yet.
ChessFest (May 2016)
Classical two-elimination tournament
Games were 20 minutes per players on three boards.
The competition proceeded as follows, decided by random sampling from this bracket generator, with top player playing white:
Blitz Round Robin tournament
We also played a Round-Robin (that couldn't get to completiong, but almost), with results:
- Diego: 13 victories, 1 loss (against Jos) / 14 games.
- Fabrice: 7 victories, 6 losses / 13 games.
- Camilo: All losses / 12 games.
- Carlos: 2 victories, 10 losses / 12 games.
- Jos: 4 victories, 4 losses / 8 games.
- Javier: 6 victories, 6 losses / 12 games.
- David: 9 victories, 4 losses / 13 games.
- Stefan: 8 victories, 6 losses / 14 games.
The buffet for between games
Roof-to-Plaza communication with Diego
Somewhere in the fifth recursion tree
Someone is probably thinking of something else
A champion losing his title
If you look long enough, they occasionally blink
Julia revising the scoresheets
Enough chess for Julia and Jos
More of the same for the others
Bad news from a referee...
La Santa Cruz in its pastel evening
and goodbye home, almost everybody's been a loser today!