If you are interested in new news rather than old news, visit our page of News instead.
- (7 December) We give a shared seminar in the SFB 787 Halbleiter-Nanophotonik at the Technische Universität Berlin with titles Cavity QED with quantum dots in microcavities and Incoherent Mollow triplet.
- (31 October) After about one month disruption, our website is back online and going the bliki way.
- (29 October) Ambre Laussy is born! (my brother's third child (see here)).
- (4 October) First day in Münchener Strasse.
- (25-30 July) We participate to the 30th ICPS in Seoul (two talks).
- (21-26 June) We participate to the 18th International Symposium Nanostructures: Physics and Technology in Saint-Petersburg (two talks).
- (12-16 April) We participate to the PLMCN10 conference in Cuernavaca, Mexico (one invited talk, one poster).
- (19 March) Our paper Effect of pure dephasing on the Jaynes-Cummings nonlinearities by A. Gonzalez-Tudela et al. is published as Opt. Express 18, 7002 (2010).
- (16 February) We attend the Newton International Fellowship Day in Carlton House Terrace, London, where Elena presents a poster.
- (5 January) Our paper Two-photon lasing by a single quantum dot in a high-Q microcavity, by del Valle et al., is published as Phys. Rev. B 81, 035302 (2010).
- (4 January) Our papers Quantitative Description of Strong-Coupling of Quantum Dots in Microcavities by Laussy et al.  and Observation of Quantum Hydrodynamic Effects in Microcavity Polaritons by Amo et al. , presented and featured at the ICPS 29 conference, are finally published after two years of delay (the time it took the editors of this huge conference to chase all the referees and authors).
- (January) Our paper Anticrossing in the PL spectrum of light–matter coupling under incoherent continuous pumping, by Gonzalez-Tudela et al., is published as Superlatt. Microstruct., 47 16 (2010).
- (26 August) Our paper Dynamics of the Formation and Decay of Coherence in a Polariton Condensate, by del Valle et al., is published as Phys. Rev. Lett. 103, 096404 (2009).
- (27 June) We celebrate our marriage in Madrid!!
- (16-20, April) We participate to the PLMCN9 conference, in Lecce (Italy), with two oral contributions and a poster.
- (15 January) Our paper "Collective fluid dynamics of a polariton condensate in a semiconductor microcavity", by Amo et al., is published as Nature, 457, 291 (2009).
- (8-14 January) We participate to the School of Nanophotonics & Photovoltaics in Santiago de Cuba.
- (5-8, January) We participate to the first Ictopon conference, in India, where we’ll speak of strong coupling of quantum dots in microcavities (invited talk) and two-photon lasing (oral contribution).
Elena's 2009 news
- (8 September) I participate to the OECS11 conference in Madrid (Spain), with an oral contribution.
- (14 March) I start my Newton Fellowship in the University of Southampton.
- (13 March) I defend my thesis entitled: “Quantum Electrodynamics with Quantum Dots in Microcavities“, at 10h30 in the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, modulo C-0, room 302.
- (28 October) I give a seminar at Cardiff University (UK).
- (17-24 September) I give a seminar at the International School of Nanophotonics and Photovoltaics in Maratea (Italy).
- (29 June) I get my driving licence in Madrid.
- (22, November) Concert of the Lauda choir that Elena joined in September, in Romsey.
- (5, November) Fabrice gives a talk on Strong-Coupling of quantum dots in microcavities at the University of Sheffield.
- (4, November) Our Mathematica plotter for PL spectra of light-matter coupling is available at the Wolfram demonstration project.
- (8, 12 September) We participate to the International Conference on Spontaneous Coherence in Excitonic Systems (ICSCE4), in Cambridge.
- (Fri 22, August) Our paper Strong Coupling of Quantum Dots in Microcavities is published as Phys. Rev. Lett., 101, 083601 (2008). See also the gory details in arXiv:0808.3215 (on what is Saint Fabrice’s feast day in many calendars). We both moved to Southampton.
- (Wed 13, August) Our nephew, Antoine, is baptized in Eglise de Chaméane, 11:00. Elena interprets the Ave verum Corpus by Mozart.
- (Mon 11, August) Our paper Optical spectra of a quantum dot in a microcavity in the nonlinear regime with Fabricio de Souza and Ivan Shelykh is published as Phys. Rev. B., 78, 085304 (2008), and is featured in the Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science & Technology.
- (Sun 22, June) Concert. The day of her birthday, Elena interprets two songs: Tarantelle, Op. 10 No. 2 by Fauré, as second soprano with Cecilia (first soprano) and Victor (piano). And the Papageno and Papagena duet from the opera Die Zauberflöte (The Magic Flute) by Mozart with Samuel Peláez (tenor) and Cecilia (piano). Guillermo—Elena’s brother—also performs at the same concert, beating the drums with some friends. Their performance are part of the annual Partichela music school concert, which takes place at the auditorio de la Casa de la Cultura in Tres Cantos, at around 18h.
- (Thu 19, June) Elena gives a talk entitled Luz y materia en acoplo fuerte at the Dpto. Física Teórica de la Materia Condensada (UAM, Madrid), at 15:00 in the Sala de seminarios C-V, 5a planta.
- (Wed 18, June) Concert. Elena sings with the ICMM choir, and also the Papageno and Papagena duet from the opera Die Zauberflöte (The Magic Flute) by Mozart as soprano with Samuel Peláez (tenor) and Lucía Vergara (piano). This concert takes place at the ICMM amphitheatre (salón de actos del ICMM), in Cantoblanco campus at around 11h30.
- (Mon 19, May) We don’t go to ICPS in Rio de Janeiro, but Dr. Amo has a special award presentation for his work on coherent propagation of polariton BEC, to which we contributed. Prof. Tejedor will give a talk on our results on strong-coupling of QDs in microcavities. And we have a poster presentation with Prof. Shelykh and Dr. de Souza on multiplets observed with interacting bosons coupled to a single cavity mode.
- (Wed 20, Feb) We present our work on Strong coupling of quantum dots in microcavities and Coherence and entanglement control of two quantum dots as oral contributions to the PLMCN8 in Tokyo, Japan.
- (Sun 20, Jan) We go to Barcelona from 25 to the 31 of January for the QOIT meeting at theInstitute of Photonic Science (ICFO) and to visit the UAB.
- (Wed 9, Jan) Antoine Laussy (the second son of Fabrice’s brother) is born!
- (Wed 19, Dec) Our paper Entanglement and lasing with two quantum dots in a microcavity, by E. del Valle, F. P. Laussy, F. Troiani and C. Tejedor is published as Phys. Rev. B 76, 235317 (2007). It is also featured in the January 7, 2008 issue of the Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science & Technology and in the January 2008 issue of Virtual Journal of Quantum Information.
- (Mon 12, Nov) Our preprint on the effect of incoherent pumping on strong-coupling of light and matter is available at arXiv:0711.1894v1.
- (Thu 25, Oct) Our paper Electrostatic control of quantum dot entanglement induced by coupling to external reservoirs, by E. del Valle, F. P. Laussy and C. Tejedor is published as EPL 80, 57001 (2007). It is selected for the Editor’s Choice.