Moscow (Москва) is the capital of Russia, and as such, is one of the most important cities in the world. It is the second most populated European cities (after Istanbul).
Sites of interest
Where to eat
Food is not the highlight of Russian culture, surprisingly. Iconic gastronomy is actually Georgian. These are interesting places to go:
- Oblomov , Russian pre-revolution style (R3000)
- Vatrushka , Russian, apparently good prices.
- Mari Vanna , Russian, similar spirit to above.
- Grand Cafe Dr. Zhivago , Russian, nearby Kremlin, highly recommended despite, apparently, poor service.
- Cafe Margarita , very small (6 tables), themed after the Novel.
- Rulet Cafe (R1200)
- Tetri , Georgian.
- Bochka, popular with Russians.
- Hachapuri , Georgian (R2000)
- Conservatory Lounge & Bar , With great views.
- Turandot , Gastronomic in cozy interiors (R4000).
- Elki-Palki, Inexpensive Russian, many restaurants.
- Му Му, Large selection of Russian cuisine at inexpensive prices (The first of the self-serve Russian cuisine chains in Moscow). Great selection from the grill.
- Grably, Russian, inexpensive (various restaurants in the city, one nearby Tetriakov gallery).
- Kamchatka, Unexpensive Russian, nearby red square.